Go get it!
I finally completed the version of RPC4Django that uses Django’s authentication system. I blogged about authenticated RPC services previously, and in reality the changes weren’t too major. The only thing I haven’t decided on is what to do in the event a user executes a method with insufficient privileges. Currently, RPC4Django returns HTTP status code 403 (Forbidden), but that seems almost restful. Depending on any feedback I receive, I may change that to actually return an RPC fault which is more RPC like.
In addition, I was contacted about RPC4Django and unicode and I decided to do some testing. As far as I can tell, it supports full unicode without any problem. I wrote some unit tests to verify this and to make sure it continues to support unicode in the future.