Go get it!
I setup a demo server to allow people to preview the functionality of RPC4Django. Creating this caused me to notice an interesting aspect of Django’s request.META: the attribute CONTENT-TYPE may not be set! I had done most of my testing in the development server where it is always set, however, when deploying with mod_wsgi it was not. This was causing RPC4Django to crash. The demo server is using the Django trunk as of today.
- Fixed a serious bug where RPC4Django relied on request.META[‘CONTENT_TYPE’] to be set by the web server
- Added generator tag to the template with RPC4Django and the version
- Renamed RPC4DJANGO_RESTRICT_DOCUMENTATION to RPC4DJANGO_RESTRICT_METHOD_SUMMARY for clarity
- Built out the example better so that it could be deployed as a demo without modification
- Improved JSON output formatting to be consistent with SimpleXMLRPCDispatcher’s XML output
The beer has stopped bubbling and I’m going to bottle on Saturday. I have purchased ingredients for my next brew, an India Pale Ale.